Spark is looking for a Junior Accountant who is motivated, has strong communication skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles and terms. As a member of our finance operations team and reporting to the Controller, in this role, you will be assisting in full-cycle accounting tasks in a fast-paced team and helping our business scale through the next phase of growth.
A day in the life might look like
- Oversee day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable activities of the company.
- Manage customer billing, including preparation and posting of invoices.
- Ensure all payments are remitted in a timely manner and reconcile deposits/cash receipts daily.
- Record and reconcile all credit card transactions, vendor invoices, and employee expenses in our accounting system.
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end close procedures and other financial reporting deliverables.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns (GST, PST, EHT, WorkSafe BC).
- Perform ad-hoc tasks to support the Finance team, including financial analysis and key performance indicator monitoring.
You may be a fit for this role if you have
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritize different tasks at once.
- Are an awesome problem solver; you get satisfaction out of fixing and solving issues at hand.
- Thrive on taking charge of your own work.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
Bonus points if you have
- Relevant education in finance, business, accounting, or commerce.
- One or more years of experience in full-cycle accounting, particularly Accounts Receivable.
- Excel wizard – proficient in VLOOKUP, Pivot Table, Data Queries, formula audits, etc.
- Experience in QuickBooks Online, Expensify, and other mainstream finance software is an asset.
- Competitive salary & vacation policy.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits with a health spending account to extend what you can spend a year on basic and extended items.
- A wellness spending account to reimburse you for things that keep you active. Gym memberships, sports equipment, health related gadgets, etc.
- Option to work from home in combination with utilizing a spacious 5,500 sqft Yaletown office to drop-in or have a permanent desk.
- Join a team of unique, well rounded individuals of various backgrounds, all lending to Spark’s distinguished brand in the Proptech and real estate development industry.